Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm home at last!












Mommy and daddy finally took me home yesterday after a lot of poking and proding in the hospital and, man, was I ready to join the world and start giving mom and dad a run for their money....after all, you need to earn my love! Here are a few picks of me leaving the hospital on what turned out to be a day that felt more like July than April since it was 91 degrees. I didnt mind because I was going to my new home and there was a lot to do. Daddy drove and kept his hands on 10 and 2 just to be safe while mommy kept me company in the back seat,nonetheless I felt the need to stay alert. Once home, around 6pm, there was a flurry of activity as mommy and daddy hadn't been home in what seemed like ages and quickly realized they had no idea quite what they were going to do with me!! We all met with a lactation consultant about an hour after ariving home to talk about how mommy can serve my every need and to start making a plan. I've been a little sleepy since birth and need to play catch up, but dont fret, I am doing better with every feeding.


All in all mommy and daddy got the job done on our first night at home, as I'm told they often do, and we had a pretty successful night of feedings, pooping and 1.5 hour "naps." The poop seemed to especially excite daddy b/c poop was another category in which I was a bit behind, so I couldnt wait to show him what I had planned around midnight! He said he never felt so happy to see poop in his life (this is true). In my humble estimation, I am getting stronger and more coordinated each day, and on my fourth day out here and with the food mommy is giving me, how can I go wrong. I think by the weekend we will all really be in the groove. Wish them luck...they're gonna need it. Until then, a quick shout out to some of my baby peeps out there: Norah, Mae, Jonah, Luke, Sienna, Layla, Caitlin, Tyler, Carter, Ryleigh, Cormac, RyanP, RyanC, Sadie, Brooks, Lucy and Cal. And a huge thank you to all of my grandparents who were there to welcome me into the world...I'll be in touch soon.

Love,
Julian Rhys

3 comments:

  1. We love you!!! And can't wait to meet you in August!!
    xoxo
    Norah & Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! And commentary by little Julian from the back seat. I especially liked seeing that Terry had his hands on 10 and 2 while he was driving his precious cargo home for the first time. Good luck with the sleep deprivation. It's humbling, but wonderful just the same!
    Love to you all!
    ..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julian good looking!

    We are so excited to get those pics of you and your mom and dad toooo. They look cool! Lucky you. We are heading to Montauk for the weekend and can't wait for your visit when you are a little older and ready for your first surf board lesson. A little something about your dad that you may not have discovered yet. He makes a great mobile and is a great cook--when you are ready for solids. And then there is your mom. We have known her a long time--she loves to cuddle but I imagine you've already found that out and will get plenty moreof it. I don't know much about her cooking but she is good looking. She got her first (I think) bikini in Montauk and we hope she will bring a new one to the beach later this summer.

    We look forward to more pics and updates on their progress and of course yours too. Let us know if there is anything else you would like to know about Brenna and Teri (aka mom and dad). We love them and you.

    Rita and Phyl

    ReplyDelete